Nook eReaders for Checkout
TRL patrons can checkout Barnes & Noble Nook eReaders pre-loaded with ebooks in one of several genres:
The eReaders are available in two models, the Nook HD and Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight.
To checkout an eReader, first search the library catalog for the Nooks, locate a Nook with titles you like, then place a hold on it. The Nooks can be found in the catalog using this link or by searching for "Nook ereader". The individual ebook titles loaded on the Nooks are also searchable by the titles and authors using a general keyword search, e.g., search "dan brown inferno" to see all the available versions of this title, including the Nook eReaders.
Patrons are notified when the requested Nook is available to pick up and checkout, just as they receive hold notices for other library materials.
Important information about Nook eReader checkouts:
- Patrons can only checkout one eReader at a time.
- The Nook eReaders must be returned to library staff at the checkout desk and the patron should remain at the desk until staff verify the device is functioning.
- Nook eReaders are not to be returned in book drops. A $5 charge is assessed for returning the Nook eReader in the book drop.
- Since the Nook eReaders come pre-loaded with e-books, patrons cannot add or remove any items on the devices.
- The checkout period for Nook eReaders is 3 weeks with 1 renewal if there are no holds.
- Fines for overdue Nook eReaders are $5 per day to a maximum of $50.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older to checkout a Nook eReader.
For more information, see the Nook Checkout FAQ or the Nook Simple Touch or Nook HD User Guides.