Timberland Regional Library (TRL) recognizes that we operate within the traditional territories of the Nisqually Indian Tribe, Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe, Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation, Quinault Indian Nation, Skokomish Indian Tribe, and Squaxin Island Tribe who have been stewards of these lands since time immemorial. TRL provides library services to Indigenous tribes, extending beyond the geographic limits of Lewis, Mason, Thurston, Pacific, and Grays Harbor Counties. This acknowledgment reminds us to strive for respectful partnerships with all people as we search for collective healing and learn how to be better stewards of the indigenous lands we inhabit.
Learn more about our local tribal communities:
- Nisqually Indian Tribe: http://www.nisqually-nsn.gov/
- Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe: https://www.shoalwaterbay-nsn.gov/
- Quinault Indian Nation: http://www.quinaultindiannation.com/
- Squaxin Island Tribe: https://squaxinisland.org/
- Skokomish Indian Tribe: https://skokomish.org/
- Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation: https://www.chehalistribe.org/