Who We Are:
Timberland Regional Library (TRL) is an intercounty public library system serving Lewis, Thurston, Pacific, Grays Harbor, and Mason counties. We offer service to the community through a network of 29 community libraries, 3 public kiosks, and 2 cooperative library centers. Our mission is to welcome everyone to a vibrant world of possibilities, connect people places and ideas, and evolve to meet the needs of our communities. You can learn more about us here!
We are always seeking dedicated and determined professionals who seek to make a meaningful difference in the lives of over 500,000 patrons and patrons-to-be throughout our network of libraries. We provide a robust benefits and compensation plan, ample opportunities for growth, training, and mentorship, and an accepting environment that champions Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at all levels. We invite you to explore our available employment opportunities to find your best fit at TRL!
Compensation & Benefits:
TRL strives to provide a competitive salary and leaves package to regular part-time and full-time employees. In recognizance of the dedicated service our staff provides for our communities and patrons, we offer:
- Paid vacation leave, increasing commensurately with years of service
- Non-cumulative personal holidays
- Paid sick leave
- 12 paid Federal holidays
- Employee Wellness Program. Utilizing this program can improve overall health, and we encourage participation in the program, which in turn encourages health, safety, and engagement.
- Competitive salaries, including multi-step salary schedules, anniversary step increases and annual cost of living adjustments (COLAs).
In addition to our extensive salary and leaves offerings, TRL provides the following benefits on date-of-hire in full or part-time positions:
- Access to the Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) system, and the option to enroll in the Department of Retirement Services Deferred Compensation Program (DCP)
- Access to multiple medical plans provided by Regence BlueShield and the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington
- A choice of dental insurance provided by Delta Dental of Washington and Willamette Dental Group
- Complimentary vision insurance provided by VSP (Vision Service Plan) Vision Care
- A $24,000 Basic Life insurance plan with options to purchase additional personal and spousal coverage through the Standard
- Complimentary 180-day 60% benefit long-term disability coverage through the Standard
- ComPsych Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and GuidanceResources online access
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
“We believe that Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is both a goal and an action. We are on a journey, honoring our shared humanity and taking steps to demonstrate our commitment to a vision where each of us is heard, seen, and valued.”
TRL values the lived experience of each and every staff member, and actively works to maintain a safe and inclusive work environment. Timberland Regional Library is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an organization, we seek to ensure every person feels included and respected for who they are. We continuously work to develop our EDI training program to ensure the most relevant and timely information for staff.
Development & Mentorship:
Timberland Regional Library is a growth-minded organization and strives to support every employee in their own personal and professional development. We believe that each employee has value and a purpose within our organization, and we seek to ensure high job satisfaction with the following offerings:
- A robust training program to ensure staff members are equipped with the tools to build relevant skills for future job specialization, provide excellent customer service, handle challenging situations and maintain the necessary skills to grow as TRL grows.
- A mentorship program that provides guidance and support for newly hired and early-career professionals.
- A dedication to promoting from within; all positions are posted internally to foster internal growth and development prior to opening for public recruitment.
We are dedicated to retaining our diverse and talented workforce; we find all of these to be essential to ensuring we support the growth of staff at all levels throughout TRL.
If you need accommodation for the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources office at 360-704-4508 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, opens a new window.