Homeschooling is a unique and rewarding educational journey. We're here to support your homeschooling adventure with a wealth of resources to help with your student's needs. Explore, learn, and grow with us as you embark on your homeschooling adventure. Library staff are available to help set up your homeschool account.
Arts and crafts, games, and cool activities will make learning super fun. Make new friends and explore your library. It's a place where you can play, create, and learn, all at the same time!
As soon as TRL staff member creates the account and issues the library card, it is fully functional.
For more information visit your local branch or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
TRL provides homeschool library card accounts to homeschoolers within the TRL service area, excluding non-annexed, non-contracting cities, unless the homeschooler is a paying non-resident card holder
An applicant must have a personal Timberland Regional Library card with a verified address, and a fee balance below 10 dollars. Homeschool accounts are used in tandem with your regular library card.
Yes. A homeschool card offers an additional account to access more materials for a longer checkout period.
The following items are not eligible for checkout on the homeschool account:
- Materials for personal use.
- Streaming video services and databases. (TRL licenses databases for individual use by patrons.)
Homeschool accounts cannot log into our Internet computers. An individual card is required.
Homeschool accounts may print from the catalog or via Wi-Fi.
The homeschool card is a special service and may be revoked if misused.
- Homeschool accounts require annual renewal.
- Homeschool accounts can check out up to 50 items at a time and have up to 25 items on hold.
- Most items have an initial checkout period of 5 weeks, with one additional 5-week renewal allowed if there are no holds.
- Feature films check out for the standard 7-day period and may be renewed if there are no holds.
- Email notification of holds and overdue items is sent to email addresses provided. The account can be linked to your personal account for ease of online access.
- Account holders have the same responsibilities as regular cardholders. Items must be renewed or returned by their due dates. Homeschool accounts will be billed for items considered lost or damaged. As long as fees stay below $10, materials can still be checked out
Popular Online Resources
Technology To Help Bridge The Gap
Technology can play a role in helping children learn to read. These valuable tools support reading skill with interactive, engaging games, puzzles and activities. Audiobooks and read-aloud can enhance the reading experience and improve phonetic skills. A balanced approach combines technology with caregivers involvement and guidance.