Computers and Wi-Fi
All of our libraries have public computers and free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected and productive with your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Whether you're seeking a quiet corner to work on your laptop or looking to download an ebook on your tablet, we have you covered.
Reserve a Computer
Internet computers are available at all libraries on a first come, first served basis. Drop-in or make a reservation in advance.
Computers may be reserved up to one week in advance. Sessions are reserved in 1-hour increments and will automatically extend if the computer is available.
If this is the first time you have reserved a computer with us, read the instructions, opens a new window.
Wi-Fi in the Library
- Available daily 6 a.m. - midnight.* in all locations
- Network is 'trlguest'
- TRL uses the Wi-Fi standard known as IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n.
- The network is not encrypted or guaranteed to be secure from interception.
- All Wi-Fi Internet access goes through TRL’s Internet content filter which blocks Internet sites that contain adult content.
- Library staff do not provide technical assistance for connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
- Plan to have the battery for your laptop, tablet or mobile device fully charged when you come to the library. Some libraries have electrical outlets available that you can plug your device into, other libraries have none.
*Hawks Prairie Timberland Library Wi-Fi service is available daily 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Find Wi-Fi Hotspot
The Washington State Commerce Dept. has partnered with agencies across the state on the Drive-In Wi-Fi hotspots project to provide and map out locations across Washington to help people who may not have broadband service in their homes.
Computers & WiFi FAQ
Yes! All of our libraries have public computers and printers. Usage of the public computers is handled through a PC reservation system called Pharos.
Timberland uses the software Pharos to reserve and manage time on public computers. To reserve an Internet PC, please visit this link, opens a new window. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance. Computer reservations and drop-in sessions are available in 1-hour increments and will automatically extend at the end of the session if there are no other users waiting for a computer station.
Yes. Most TRL locations offer Wi-Fi access daily from 6:00 am until midnight. Outside of library hours Wi-Fi can be accessed in close proximity to the building (e.g. parking lot).
Look for the network "trlguest". No password is needed to connect to library Wi-Fi.
Public internet computers include Microsoft Office software Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as Adobe Reader, Google Chrome and basic Microsoft Windows accessories.
Additional software may not be downloaded or installed on library computers.
Yes. You can print from your Wi-Fi device in all TRL libraries. Although the TRL Wi-Fi service hours are 6 am to midnight at most locations, 7 days/week, you can only release print jobs during your local library's open hours. For more information, see Mobile Printing FAQ.