Timberland Regional Library
Serving Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific and Thurston Counties
To establish rules and restrictions for the use of Timberland Regional Library (TRL) meeting rooms.
This policy applies to TRL facilities with public meeting rooms.
TRL meeting rooms are available free of charge as a public service for use by individuals, organizations, or community groups when those meeting rooms are not in use for TRL affiliated or sponsored activities.
Meeting room use is not denied to any person or organization because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or marital status.
No admission fees may be charged or solicited. No donations of money or other property may be solicited or collected from the audience.
- No promotions or sales of services, products, merchandise, materials, or other items are allowed when those meeting rooms are in use by individuals, organizations, or community groups.
- For TRL affiliated or sponsored activities. promotions or sales of services, products, merchandise, materials, or other items are allowed with prior approval from designated library staff.
Permission will be denied to any individual, group, or organization:
- Whose purpose is illegal.
- Who charge a fee to attend the meeting or training.
- Whose activity does not have adult supervision if the meeting takes place when the library is closed.
- Whose conduct would interfere with the proper functioning of the library.
- Who fail to show up to two (2) or more scheduled meetings; or
- Who fail to follow TRL Policies and Procedures.
TRL reserves the right to cancel the intended use of a meeting room when unforeseen circumstances such as power outages, weather conditions, or conflicts with library affiliated or sponsored events occur. Use of library facilities by an individual, group, or organization does not constitute library endorsement of the activities, tenets, or purposes of that individual, group, or organization.
Potential users must apply through the local library or website and adhere to this policy, published meeting room procedures, and local facility rules.
Designated library staff members have the authority to approve, renew or deny requests for use of meeting rooms.
Meeting Room Use Procedure.
Facility Use for Political Purposes Policy.
Review Date 7/1/2030
Policy Number: 029
Policy Revision Dates:
#029 - 10/1/2019
By the enactment of this policy the Board of Trustees of Timberland Regional Library is concurrently rescinding any prior policy or procedure within TRL that is either in conflict with or expansive of the matters addressed in this policy.